Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Testing... Testing...

My first attempt at blogging from my phone. A bit slow for my tastes. I'm a lot better typist than I am texter!
Today was a frustrating EFT-Warrior day.

I like to research for things I want to do in EVE, and new ship loadouts are no exception, which is why EFT is such a great tool.

However, sometimes I can't help but try and fit a square peg in a round hole. Or, like today, I just don't have enough flight time in the ship in question to really know the boundaries I'm pushing.

On top of that, Katt was helping out and taking an interest in the fits today, which isn't always the case. She's smarter than I am (freely admitted!) and looks at things from a completely different perspective.

Where I look at a 1400mm howitzer and see a big alpha strike, she see's 20 odd seconds of wait time between action. She's right that faster firing guns aren't vastly weaker than the Howwies, but I see the little dps increase and say "why would I fit something weaker if this fits?"

We butted heads a little throughout the day, but I have come to see her point. Her odd way of looking at the fittings stumbled us across an out of the box fit I'd have ignored right off the bat.

Between us, we compromise our way into being a pretty effective team.

No comments:

Post a Comment